Willigham Hall was designed by Warren Knight & Davis of Birmingham in 1938.
Local news article describes the new residence hall.
Building was planned in 1939 and completed in 1941.
Willingham Hall was built by the Works Projects Administration, a New Deal agency.
Built in the Gothic Revival style, WIllingham was built at the same time as the similarly styled President's Home, another WPA project on campus.
The new boys' dormitory was named for a longtime president of the college.
Willingham Hall only served as a boys' dormitory for a couple of years. Female students took up residence in 1948.
Residents of Willingham Hall received recognition for participation in a blood drive.
English, History and Political Science still call Willingham Hall home.